Our CPAP Cleaner Review
If you’re like most people, you’re probably tired of cleaning your CPAP mask, tubing, and other supplies by hand with soap and water. Upgrading to a new CPAP cleaning machine could make cleaning your CPAP supplies significantly easier.
One of the biggest challenges when purchasing a CPAP cleaner is deciding which machine is right for you. There are several options, and we want to help you find one that will fit your unique needs.
So, fear not! In this article, we’ll give you our CPAP Cleaner Review and discuss some of the key differences between these devices!
What Are the Most Popular CPAP Cleaning Machines?
Although all three of these CPAP cleaning machines ultimately serve the same purpose (keeping your CPAP supplies squeaky clean and sanitized), each one has a more defined niche where it really shines. So, whether you are looking for a machine to use on the go, at home, or one that doesn’t use ozone, we have options for you!
The Sleep8 – Perfect for People on the Go
The Sleep8 has become a hit among CPAP users, mainly due to its ease of use and great portability. As the smallest and lightest CPAP cleaner, it has become the ideal choice for people who are on the go or those looking for a smaller, more compact cleaner for home.
To clean your supplies with the Sleep8, all you do is put your mask, tube, and humidifier chamber in the Sleep8 bag, press go, and your supplies will be cleaned in one hour. To clean supplies, the Sleep8 uses activated oxygen, or “ozone,” to sanitize.
- Small Size: The Sleep8 is the smallest and lightest CPAP cleaning device available.
- Easy to Use: This cleaner is very user-friendly. To sanitize, place your supplies in the bag and press go!
- Use It on the Go: The compactness of the Sleep8 makes it the ideal travel CPAP cleaner, since it easily fits into luggage.
- Automatically Turns Off After Cycle: No need to wait around for the cycle to complete because the Sleep8 will turn itself off once it’s done.
- No Adapter Needed: The Sleep8 is compatible with every CPAP device without the need for any adapters.
- Can Be Used Wirelessly: The cleaner’s battery will last for several days after being fully charged.
- 18-Month Warranty: Rest easy knowing your Sleep8 comes with a warranty that will keep you covered should any issues arise.
- Covered by FSA/HSA: You can use your FSA or HSA cards to purchase a Sleep8 cleaning machine.
- Replacement Parts: The Sleep8 bags need to be replaced every 3 months to keep the cleaning machine sanitizing effectively. Fortunately, they aren’t too expensive at $21 per replacement bag.
- Mask Discoloration: Mask discoloration can result if you don’t wipe down your equipment before starting a cleaning cycle. Luckily, this color change isn’t anything to worry about and your equipment will still be sanitized.
- No Memory Foam: This cleaner is not compatible with memory foam masks such as the AirTouch F20. If you use a memory foam mask, disassemble the foam cushion before sanitizing the rest of your supplies.
You can also click here to read our full Sleep8 CPAP Cleaner review!
The SoClean 2 – Perfect for Daily Home Use
The SoClean 2 has been one of the most popular CPAP cleaning machines on the market for years. This cleaner is durable, great for home use, and easy to use, making it one of the most in demand cleaners. In addition, it requires only one button push to start the cycle, and will automatically stop once it’s finished.
To use the SoClean, all you do is put your mask inside (while it’s connected to your CPAP machine), connect your humidifier chamber, and hit go. After it starts, the machine will use ozone to sanitize your mask, tube, and humidifier chamber.
- Great for Home Use: Once it’s set up on your bedside table, you can leave the SoClean connected to your CPAP machine even during therapy.
- Easy to Use: After the initial setup, all you do to start the cycle is put your mask inside the machine, close the lid, and press go!
- Automatically Stops After Sanitization: When the cleaning cycle ends, the SoClean will automatically stop without you needing to be present.
- One-Push Start: With just the click of a button you can start the sanitization cycle, making daily cleaning a breeze.
- Cleans Inside of CPAP Machine: The SoClean forms a circuit with your machine and can clean all of your equipment simultaneously.
- 24-Month Warranty: The SoClean comes with a two year warranty so you can have peace of mind when using this device.
- Covered by FSA/HSA: You can use your FSA and HSA cards to purchase a SoClean.
- Adapters Required: The SoClean does require a different adapter for each CPAP machine in order to be compatible. Fortunately, adapters generally cost $10-$20 and only have to be purchased one time.
- Mask Discoloration: If you don’t wipe down your equipment before a cycle, the SoClean can cause mask discoloration. That being said, your supplies will still be clean regardless.
- No Memory Foam: The SoClean is not compatible with memory foam masks such as the AirTouch F20 Full Face Mask. If you use this mask, just remove the foam cushion from the frame before placing the rest of your mask in the chamber.
- Replacement Parts: The filters in the SoClean should be changed every 6 months to keep everything running smoothly.
You can also click here to read our full SoClean CPAP Cleaner review!
The Lumin – Perfect UV Sanitizer and Great for Home Use
A big draw for the Lumin is that, unlike the Sleep8 and SoClean, it uses UV light to sanitize. Another reason that this machine has become increasingly more popular is due to its very short, 5-minute cycle time (yes, only 5 minutes!).
To sanitize, all you do is put your equipment inside of the Lumin’s chamber and press the power button to start the cleaning cycle.
- UV Light Sanitization: UV light is a great ozone alternative that kills 99% of germs that might be on your CPAP equipment.
- Good For Home Use: The Lumin is a sturdy device that will fit well on a bedside table or dresser.
- Fast Sanitization Cycle: The Lumin’s super quick cycle (only 5 minutes) makes it easy and convenient to clean your supplies everyday.
- Automatically Stops After Sanitization: Once the cycle completes, the device will automatically turn off, so no need to wait around.
- User-Friendly: Cleaning your supplies is as easy as putting your equipment in the Lumin’s drawer and pressing the power button.
- 24-Month Warranty: The Lumin comes with a two year warranty so you can rest easy when using this CPAP cleaner.
- Covered by FSA/HSA: You can use your FSA and HSA cards to purchase a Lumin cleaner from our website.
- Limited Capacity: The Lumin’s drawer has limited space so you probably won’t be able to clean all of your supplies simultaneously. That being said, the Lumin’s cycle is quick so you can still sanitize everything reasonably fast.
- Unable to Sanitize Tubing: Although this device can clean most of your supplies, you will need to purchase the Lumin Bullet add-on in order to sanitize your tubing.
- Not Travel Friendly: The Lumin is a larger device primarily meant for home use. If you’re looking for a travel-friendly option, this might not be the best choice for you.
Or, click here to read our full Lumin CPAP Cleaner review!
Which CPAP Cleaner Will Work With my CPAP?
Good news! All of these CPAP cleaners will work with any CPAP. However, the SoClean will require an additional adapter for use with most CPAPs.
What If I’m Still Unsure Which Cleaning Machine is Best?
If you’ve read through our CPAP cleaner review and you’re still not sure which cleaning machine would be best for you, just give us a call at (866) 564-2252 or chat in on our website. We would be more than happy to help! Our CPAP experts are the best in the business at getting CPAP users the supplies they need.