How To Clean Your CPAP Tubing
For CPAP users nationwide, one of the hardest parts of maintaining a CPAP is cleaning the CPAP tube. It’s difficult to clean and there aren’t many solutions to effectively sanitize or wash the tube’s interior.
In this article, we’ll be going over the various ways that you can clean a CPAP tube, so you can decide which method is right for you!
What Are My Options For Cleaning My CPAP Tubing?
Basically, there are two main ways that you can clean your CPAP tube.
First, you can choose to wash your supplies by hand. Although this is the cheaper option, it does take more time and effort to clean your supplies using this method.
Second, you can choose to clean your supplies with a cleaning machine, which sanitizes the CPAP tubing. Although these cleaning machines come at a cost, they will help save you time and clean more thoroughly.
In this article, we’ll be going through both the manual methods and the machine cleaning methods for cleaning your tubing and other supplies!
Cleaning By Hand
Although this method takes a bit more work, there are two different techniques for cleaning your CPAP supplies if you prefer to wash them by hand.
1. Soap and Water
This is the way that most people clean their CPAP tube when they first get their supplies.
Although this is probably one of the more common ways to clean, it’s one of the more physically demanding methods. Other downsides include:
- More time and effort needed on a daily basis to keep your tube clean
- Oftentimes, your CPAP tube won’t be dry by the time you need to use it at night
- It’s difficult to thoroughly clean the inside of the tube since you can’t reach every part, allowing you to only pass soap and water through the tube.
Basically, you spray the end of your CPAP tube brush with the cleanser and then you can use the brush to clean the inside of your CPAP tubing. This method is much more convenient than just using soap and water, since it doesn’t require a long time for the tubing to dry out afterwards, and it’s easier to reach the inside of your tube using the brush.
Although both of these options are relatively more affordable, they take up more time and effort than the machine cleaning options. Additionally, your supplies are likely less sanitized as well.
The alternative to cleaning your supplies by hand is using one of the many cleaning machines currently on the market. Essentially, these machines use either ozone or UV light technology to kill over 99% of bacteria that may be on your tube.
Out of all the cleaning devices on the market, here are our top three:
Overall, this machine has become popular among CPAP users for good reason. The Sleep8 CPAP Cleaner is the smallest and lightest CPAP cleaning device, and you can easily take it with you on the go. Here are a few great features:
- Travel Friendly: The Sleep8 weighs in at 0.6 lbs and can be used without being plugged in, making it the ideal travel companion.
- Easy to Use: To sanitize your CPAP tube, all you need to do is attach the tube to the bottom of the Sleep8 bag, close the bag, and hit go. It’s that easy!
- Speedy, Automatic Sanitization: After pressing go, the Sleep8 will start it’s 1-hour cycle and automatically turn off when it is done.
The SoClean 2 continues to be one of the best cleaning machines on the market and for good reason. The machine easily cleans your CPAP tubing, and makes the process a breeze. Here are some of the product highlights of the SoClean 2:
- One-Click Cleaning: With the SoClean 2, it only takes one-click to clean your CPAP tubing and supplies, making sanitizing your supplies as easy as ever.
- Automatic Sanitizing Cycle: You can set your SoClean to automatically start its two-hour cycle, so you don’t need to think about your supplies until you’re ready to use them again.
- Ease of Use: The SoClean makes cleaning easy by allowing you to sanitize all of your supplies without attaching or detaching anything. All you need to do is put your mask in the chamber and hit go!
The Lumin Bullet UV Hose Cleaner is one of the newest devices on the market. It is specifically designed to clean your CPAP tubing and accompany the Lumin CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer that cleans the rest of your supplies. Additionally, the Lumin Bullet easily and quickly sanitizes the tubing, saving you time and effort. Here are some of the other best features of the Lumin Bullet:
- 2-Minute Cleaning Cycle: With the Lumin Bullet, you can clean your CPAP tube in as little as two minutes.
- Uses UV Light: Unlike most cleaners on the market, the Lumin Bullet uses UV Light to sanitize instead of ozone technology
- Ease of Use: The Lumin Bullet makes cleaning your CPAP tube simple! All you need to do is move the metal case over your CPAP tube and the metal probe inside will sanitize your tube.
Are There Any Promotional Deals on Cleaning Machines?
Yes, of course! If you’re looking for promotional deals for our cleaning machines, just click the links below to find the latest deal on the machine of your choice.
What If I’m Still Unsure About What Cleaning Method is Right for Me?